Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Compressor problem. Help appreceated
PROTEC - 3/25/2009 8:15 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 1

Hi there all. Glad you decided to read this.

after we had a major problem at one of our main compressors. I have therefore serviced all valves, took the whole darn thing apart, cleaned everything and put it back together. I have suction again on the air intake, so the valves are working correctly again.

However, i suspect the auto drai to be stuck open. the first stage gauge reads about 2 psi, the rest of the gauges read zero.

The compressor is a MAKO 5407. I have no leaks anywhere in the system.

I need an answer really to the following wuestions:

1: when i turn on the compressor, the pressure in the first stage (gauge) reads 2 psi. When i shut the compressor down, the needle jumps to 30 psi and then drops back to zero in increments. I suspect the following: Auto drain is effective the moment I push the switch. Now pressure kan not build up in 1st stage, therefore not in the stages following. When I turn off the switch, the auto drain cuts off. the following couple of rotations of the compressor, it builds the pressure a little like indicated.

2. Assuming that what I said under 1. is true, the default state for the auto drain is: closed and the electric signal is needed to open the drains.

3. 1. and 2. true, means there is either a continues electric signal (clock fault) or a mechanical fault.

okay... anyone (preferably one who knows) ????

Cheers,

Michel Wouterse

PADI CD-956249, etc..etc..

Jen-Michael - 3/26/2009 7:19 AM
Try asking on TheDecoStop there’s a lot of Mako owners on there and a lot of Mako repair related threads.