Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Going to Bonaire via American Eagle?
Gini - 3/23/2009 5:01 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

I just wanted to give everyone a heads up that American Eagle will be suspending its service to Bonaire effective March 31.

We had booked frequent flier miles to Bonaire via American Eagle for this September, just like we do every year. I happened to check into BonaireTalk looking for something else and noticed that someone had posted about this.

I checked my online reservations and, sure enough, my reservation now showed my flights terminating in San Juan. I had never received any notification about this from the airline.

I called the airline and raised holy hl until they agreed to rebook me to Curacao. I have to buy a round-trip from Curacao to Bonaire now and pay for two nights’ hotel there, but I’ve got enough hotel points to cover the hotel and the flight’s only about $100.

If you’re booked on flights to Bonaire on Eagle, I’d suggest you call American and make alternate arrangements as soon as possible.

My pirate name is:
Captain Anne Flint
Even though there’s no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you’re the one in charge. Like the rock flint, you’re hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you’re easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network
GypsyDiver - 3/23/2009 5:19 PM
Here you go!!!!!!!

My pirate name is:
Captain Anne Flint
Even though there’s no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you’re the one in charge. Like the rock flint, you’re hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you’re easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!
Get your own pirate name from piratequiz.com.
part of the fidius.org network
uwlover4u - 3/23/2009 10:36 PM
Ok gang. I have flown to Bonaire several times through San Juan and Curacao and it was a nightmare each time. Delayed an entire day from both. Now I go to Altanta and fly direct to Bonaire from there through American Airlines. At least if I get stuck in Atlanta I’m still in America with people who speak english and the beer is cheaper and colder.
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/24/2009 10:32 AM

The Curacao to Bonaire connection has always been a problem, was when ALM did it and has never improved. I could never understand how a plane could be an hour late on a ten minute flight! We missed our connection in Curacao and had to spend the night.

As for airlines changing schedules and not notifing those already booked, it’s all too common. Last October I saw online that Continental no longer flew to Bali. Checked my flight and sure enough they had changed my departure point to another airport and had me flying to Japan!