Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Living the Dive Life....
GelanaBanana - 5/15/2007 12:25 PM
Category: General
Replies: 3

I moved at the beginning of the month to Cozumel, Mexico to get all my certifications from Advanced Open Water to IDC and the IE. I would encourage every diver to stop living life as you know it. It is so incredible to wake up, literally through on your bathing suit, get your dive bag ready and walk out the door. Get to the dive shop, load up gear and head out to the reefs. I`m living on approximately $1000 or less a month and the people are so helpful! If you ever want to really live out your dreams...just do it! It`s worth every moment you get back wasting on the freeways and standing in line. The only line I stand in is waiting to dive off the back of the boat!
Greg - 5/15/2007 3:37 PM
So are you living there now? How much does it cost to live there?
Subscribed
GelanaBanana - 5/15/2007 3:47 PM
Cheap! Rent is $480/month, furnished w/ electric and water (800 sq. ft.). Shopping at the Super is about $100 a month. Gas is $2.40 a gallon. Beer is $1 everyday! I came home to get my car...sell what I have left and pack the rest in my truck to drive back 40 hours. It`s only $50 to take your truck across on the Trans Caribe. And $3 per person. There are so many dive jobs available it`s not funny and we need divers that speak several langauges. The most I encounter is spansih, (duh!) German, French and Italian. We`ve had a few people from Spain and Isreal, but we all speak the same underwater. It`s so awesome!!!
NWKatShark - 5/17/2007 10:22 PM
You say there are "so many dive jobs". Like dive shop jobs? Divemasters? What is the pay like?