Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Industry News
Diverguy1 - 10/10/2008 2:00 PM
Category: General
Replies: 3

This is probably director more at the professional end of Dive Buddy...I am curious what outlets everyone uses to get the most up to date dive industry news?
seawolfdiving - 10/10/2008 4:34 PM
Although there are several publications out there who claim to be the most complete source of information about the dive industry, I have found that they are usually biased toward one certifying agency or the other. So relying on just one source is simply not enough to keep up with everything.

I find that I need to tap into several sources of information to get a really good "picture" of what’s going on within the industry.

I read the publications from the various agencies through which I am affilliated, I attend trade shows, like DEMA, I also try to follow the travel industry news because it is related to and has an impact on the dive industry.

I also talk with manufacturer reps and with other divers. One way to do this is through sovial websites (like DiveBuddy.com).

Another good source of information is my local dive shop...
Subscribed
badintexas - 10/12/2008 3:54 PM
What if Greg created a PR section on DiveBuddy that allowed all scuba businesses to post free news and information?
CallesCafe - 10/12/2008 11:25 PM
I got 2 websites for up to date news, think theyre going to be marketed at DEMA this year. Ill post shortly.