Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Contemplating Cameras
Damieon - 10/09/2008 8:08 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 5

I have a DC600, my Girlfriend has a DC500. Both are in the shop right now. I have had good luck with getting some pretty good pics and love my cam. But,, Not worth the problems, constant trouble from battery issues to sync issues with the external flash "we both have the elite packages as well. When I get these back from the shop and working again I will be looking for a new camera of a differant brand,,,any advice?
Matt65 - 10/09/2008 8:47 PM
I too have the DC600 Elite package, and altho I have only used it on 5 dives, I have nothing but praise for my set up. However, since I am so new at both diving and underwater photography, my opinion can’t amount for too much on the subject. In addition, I am still learning how to use my camera. All that having been said, I still like my DC600 Elite set. Wish I had a recomendation for you, I just thought I would put my perverbial 2 cents in on the subject.
Subscribed
luv2dive100 - 10/10/2008 7:38 AM
Hello I have been using the DC600 for about a year. I did have some problems as well but figured them out. I have taken about 1,000 picts on 2 trips of mine and several hundred in the cold waters at home. I love it for the money. you need extra batteries. extra seals and to be very clean. the company is pretty great for support as well.also the setting in the owners manual for the flash settings is WRONG. On the web sight it tells the right one. Pictures will wash out if not set right. I have seen and herd great things about the Sea and Sea DX 1-G a fantastic camera. The problem is when you add all the options together that you really want the cost is 2500-3000. If I was to spend that kind of money I would rather get the New Nikon 300. that’s the best you can get in my opinion Good luck steve
OcalaJim - 10/10/2008 9:40 PM
I’m not a "geek" in the area of cameras, but, I bought a Sony Cybershot DSCW-80 and then bought the housing for it (found it for $140.00) from ?? I forget - found it through NexTag.com, though. It takes great stills and video, too. It’s HD capable and I never have any issues with it. My brother-in-law has the DC600 and has had nothing but problems with the batteries in it.
NVR2L8 - 10/10/2008 10:27 PM
I use a Canon G9 with Canon UW housing and Sea and Sea YS-110 strobe package. I also use Nikonos V with Nikonos SB105 strobe package. I have never had a battery problem with either camera although I have been on dives where everyone elses battery went dead but mine.
Subscribed
Damieon - 10/13/2008 8:34 AM
Now theres an Idea I have a nice Cannon digital,,, I just found an underwater housing, the housing costs more than the cam but i think it will be worth it,,,,, Thank you!