Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Jet Ski and Diving
Pyrate - 9/09/2008 9:13 AM
Category: General
Replies: 3

I want to dive using my jet ski as a dive platform rather than my boat. Cheaper fuel costs, etc. Has anyone dived off of a jet ski before? How can i secure my dive gear for the trip out and back? i’ve seen lifeguard devices that attach to the rear of the ski and thought about buying one of those but didn’t know if any one had suggestions.
Spearo - 9/09/2008 11:25 AM

You did not say where you want to use this setup but it’s possible as long as you know the area well.

There are many tubes (some by Airhead) that can be towed to dive site with equipment in it just make sure your BC is infladed and all other equipment in a dive bag and tide down for the trip. The larger the tube the better, remember, you will need to dress up in it and that’s not eassy to do with a wetsuit.
Subscribed
Pyrate - 9/09/2008 11:31 AM
I know the waters in SW Florida very well (currents, underwater features, tides, etc.). This is mainly for near shore and bay diving. Simply because i’m tired of shore dives and swimming out so far. Have no problem dressing in the water, usually do anyway. Thanks for the insight.
scubawolf - 9/15/2008 5:06 PM
I saw 2 divers use there motorcycles to get to a dive site with all ther gear they just strapped it all on got on there biks and rode off. The only thing they had to carry was mask and fins