Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

DESTIN,FLA
Dalton - 8/22/2008 1:34 PM
Category: General
Replies: 3

Will be in Destin Thanksgiving week.Any suggestions on good diving?
ScubaHawk - 8/22/2008 5:57 PM

Hey Dalton,

I dived Pensacola/Destin last October. That entire area is full of artificial reefs which includes some navy fighter planes and even some army tanks. Of course, I could have spent the whole week diving the Mighty O, the worlds largest artificial reef; aka: "the great carrier reef". Just AWESOME!.

Vortex Spring was fun and Morrison Spring was cool. You can do both in one day. The platinum water at Morrison was incredible when I looked up at the sky through the small entrance from 87’ down and could see the leaves and branches on the trees clearly. People there will tell you all about gators, but don’t worry, we think we saw one about 300’ away, but he left us alone. Must do dives.

Viking Diving in Pensacola is A1.

markm
DestinDiver - 8/22/2008 8:52 PM

Dalton,,

I Live and Dive here in Destin,FL,,I Dive At Least 3time a week in the gulf,,Remind me about a week or two,,before you come down and i will set up a trip or two for you,,, I have a 24 Boston Waler,,,Geat for 4 Divers,,,I have a few Dive Buddies that would come with us,,

Travis (aka) Destindiver
Subscribed
Dalton - 8/23/2008 6:08 AM

Thanks for the info Destin and I may just take you up on the invite...

Dalton