Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Collecting dive stories for possible articles
DivingDreamer - 8/20/2008 3:42 PM
Category: General
Replies: 1

I am working on a potential article for one of the leading dive magazines. Basically, I’m collecting odd and/or funny dive stories for a humorous article. For example, I have one diver who had a whale shark poop on him (he was actually snorkeling at the time, but isn’t that a great story?) and another who spent five hours with water in her ear only to have a tiny crab crawl out. The intent of the article is to be light and fun and to share some of the interestingly odd things that can happen when we thrust ourselves down into the deep.

If you have a story to share, please send it to me at scubastories [ at ] yahoo.com. Give me a basic run down of what happened and provide relevant details - where you were, type of dive (drift, deep water, wreck, etc.), dept, conditions, etc. Basically, set the story for me. It doesn’t have to be well written! I’m not looking for English majors here, just good stories!

If I include your story in the article, I will email you for contact info and I will let you know if the story is going to print (sorry - but they don’t always make it into final print - a cold, cruel fact of freelancing!). While I don’t necessarily have to include your real name in the story, I would like to touch base with you to verify details.

Thanks fellow divers! I look forward to hearing about some interesting adventures!
Greg - 9/15/2008 2:45 PM
DiveBuddy members are encouraged to share their interesting scuba related stories. Your story AND a mention of DiveBuddy.com may just be published! Thanks, Greg.