Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

DAN Training
Foot - 8/19/2008 2:15 PM
Category: Training
Replies: 2

Has anyone here in Southeast, FL completed any DAN training courses? I’m looking for a good instructor for their emergency and first aid courses. DAN website lists many instuctors for our area, with little else to help qualify their teaching ability.
tjdiving - 8/20/2008 8:30 AM
I actually e-mailed 2 instructors listed on their site and they never got back with me. Good luck!
firediver57 - 10/04/2008 12:14 PM
I am a DAN instructor in NC and i know that is probably of no help to you but if look at the DAN website you can find instructors there. Each symbol is a course they can teach. That doesn’t guarantee quality but most folks that I have met are decent instructors. If you have a problem making contact with any, try contacting DAN and let them know. We are supposed to update our information and teach each year to stay current. If they are contacting you back maybe they should know. Also I have heard some instructors say they would do a course without "X" number of students. That is their choice not a DAN rule. If you can’t get anyone and you are traveling to NC or if I am going that way I can do a course for you. I am going to the Caymans in late Oct. and will be in the Tampa area before and after.