Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

First Boat dive
Astros5 - 8/12/2008 7:34 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

Well August 6,2008 a little over a year of being certified I finally got a chance to do a boat dive and in the ocean. A big thanks goes out to sea adventures ( fajardo,Puerto Rico) and the Coral Queen.My experience was certainately different I must say, I am not fond of the taste of salt so that was a bit irritating at first but overall it was great.We took a 45 minute ride to the first dive location which was Sabastian and then Lobos max depth was 35 ft and viz was 25-30ft it was incrediable. I am use to at best 10ft viz in fresh water. I got a chance to see parrot, trunk,and diver fish, aswell as corals and reefs with blue chromis and more aquatic life than I could recognize but the coolest thing we saw was a spotted eagle ray about 10ft away with a wingspan of about 6ft or so. This was a spectacular day and one i’ll never forget. This was also my first dive as a married man, unfortunately my wife dosen’t dive but after this trip with the help of the divemaster, capt., and her snorkeling experience I think I have finnaly changed her mind.
Subscribed
Astros5 - 8/14/2008 3:59 PM
I thought it was fantastic they were really pleaseant to be around and the the whole experince was amazing, that is cool that your first dive and mine were almost the same, small world! Take care hope all is well and see you atound Travis