Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving during Mid-Tour Leave
csemenko - 7/29/2008 2:31 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

I am scheduled for mid-tour leave from Afghanistan in the December to February time-frame (I will know more 30-60 days out). I want to dive and enjoy the local sites. Any suggestions for areas which have good winter diving would be greatly appreciated. Part of me thinks the Cayman Islands and another part says "Florida, Disneyworld for land based fun, plus I can dive their aquarium and the local coastal waters." I am looking for nice temps and visibility. I have a dry suit and ample cold water diving near my home during this time of year :) Thanks for any input out there.
Subscribed
csemenko - 7/29/2008 10:33 AM

Thanks for the heads up. I will talk to the wife and see what she is up for. Egypt does sound great...just not too sure about their Hotels. :)

I make trips all over checking up on my Soldiers. If you hear of any place to blow bubbles in theater let me know and I’ll try to get some cheap gear and a flight. lol.