Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Florida diving Aug 18-20
hellhound - 7/18/2017 7:59 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 20

Looking at maybe diving camp blanding the weekend of Aug 18th. If anyone living in jacksonville area is interested please let me know. I can sponsor you on base if you are not able to get on with a military id card.
Subscribed
Curtis - 7/19/2017 5:39 PM
Where can you dive in Camp Blanding?
Subscribed
hellhound - 7/19/2017 5:56 PM
In the lake on base. I dive there a couple of years ago.
Subscribed
Curtis - 7/19/2017 6:34 PM
Same lake that Magnolia State Park was on? Note, park closed around 1979, ruins on lake’s south side. Believe I’ve seen the lake, the Florida Trail hugs the west side.

How deep, spring fed, vis? Yeah, may be interested.
Subscribed
hellhound - 7/21/2017 7:38 PM
Could be. It is now called Kingsley lake. I think it is about 65 ft in middle. Have not made it to middle. Last time I dove got turned around bear the shore. I know you can Google Kingsley lake or camp blanding lake and it will come up.
Subscribed
hellhound - 7/23/2017 12:02 AM
I just need to know what day people are available. I am off work all 3 days. Please let me know a good day for you.
Subscribed
mangoman1 - 29 days 21 hours ago.
I live somewhat nearby there and will be available on Friday August 18th. I would imagine that the boat traffic on the weekend would be more of a problem than on a Friday. Let me know if that day works for you and what info you need to sponsor me.
Subscribed
hellhound - 29 days 16 hours ago.
I can dive on Friday. Just bring your normal car information. DL, insurance, and registration. I drive a blue Hyundai accent hatchback. We will need to meet at the main gate to start off. I work nights so I will be getting off around 1 a.m., but let me know when you would like to meet up. i can get my tanks filled before i head to work. the last time I went there, the only traffic was the reservist training on the water, but that was in May. It should not be bad, but we can still dive off the shore and head out to the center.
Subscribed
hellhound - 27 days 20 hours ago.
ok....big screw up on my part. I actually have to work that weekend. I am off the weekend prior or after. So that will be aug 11 or 25. does this still work for any of you or do we need to arrange for another time?
Subscribed
mangoman1 - 27 days 18 hours ago.
Either Friday works for me, 11th or 25th. We can meet whenever you want in the morning. I just need to leave by around 2pm to head home.
Subscribed
Curtis - 27 days 14 hours ago.
25th be the better for me.
Subscribed
mangoman1 - 27 days 12 hours ago.
25th works for me. Let me know what time is best to meet.
Subscribed
hellhound - 27 days 11 hours ago.
Ok. We can do the 25th. How about meet up around 8 a.m. at the main gate? I figure this time since you said you have to leave around 2 p.m. this way we can get in 2 dives.
Subscribed
mangoman1 - 19 days 10 hours ago.
I’ve looked on youtube and can’t find any video of diving there, just curious if there’s anything down there. I live about 1/2 hr away so we can meet a little later if you want since you work late the night before.
Curtis, we could figure that out as well. :-)
Subscribed
hellhound - 19 days 5 hours ago.
There are springs and fish. I was also told there is a sunken small boat. It is not a normal dive site, due to the fact it is on a military base. You have to get sponsored or have a military id to get on base. The best is to Google Kingsley lake or camp blanding lake.
Subscribed
hellhound - 19 days 5 hours ago.
Lol Curtis.
Subscribed
Curtis - 17 days 23 hours ago.
Saw the lake as part of the 2016 Ididahike, was on the 11 mile event on the Florida Trail. Remember that the base commander was contacted about 200 hikers passing through, we were asked to remain on the trail while going through Camp Blanding.

Yes Erik, be great to do the bike & dive, a 2 day trip for me. Last weekend was a 4 day trip, diving @ Loch Low-Minn TN, 4 dives for over 4 hrs total.

Btw, got an old dive site book that says the spring vents are at 55 FFW, and max depth is 85 FFW.
Subscribed
hellhound - 3 days 19 hours ago.
I might not be able to do a bike ride on saturday and dive on friday...lol. I am just wondering about what time you all would like to meet up at the base? I get off around 1 am on friday morning. i am also going to bring a cooler with ice and drinks. there is a grill if you want to grill out. if not then i will bring sandwiches for myself. not sure if anyone needs to leave early that day or not. if so let me know so we can get a good time to get 2 dives in.
Subscribed
hellhound - 1 day 11 hours ago.
Rt now Curtis is out for Friday. Anyone else available or can we go Saturday? Is anyone available Saturday or Sunday next week?
Subscribed
Curtis - 14 hours 55 minutes ago.
If it’s changed to Saturday, I’m back in, but following weekend is Holiday / Labour Day Weekend.