Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Other dive site in PA
verticallead - 7/15/2008 5:45 PM
Category: General
Replies: 3

After just getting certified all I want to do on my free time is to dive. The big question is where good places to dive are.

I know about Dutch Springs been there, great diving. But does anyone know of other places like, Bainbridge and Guppy Gulch? Are they worth the trip or is Dutch Springs the Cadillac of quarry diving in PA?

GypsyDiver - 7/15/2008 6:57 PM
Dutch Springs is the cadillac, but I just went down to check bainbridge this past weekend. It isn’t as fancy but it definitely has character. I met some really great people from York divers and lancaster scuba. If ever need a buddy, just give me a shout!
Aimlow321 - 7/15/2008 9:50 PM
I’ve only been to Dutch Springs once, but it seems to be by far the best of the quarries in PA. Bainbridge is very good also, but not quite as clear or conveniently arranged. Guppy Gulch is pretty nice also, but the services are fairly limited on-site. On the plus side Guppy is usually very uncrowded and laid-back. I’ve never been to Willow Springs - I understand there’s a fair amount to see, but the viz is very poor.
cpjmazz - 7/16/2008 8:38 AM
Ever try Willow Springs? I’ve dove there several years with HDS.
It’s another great dive destination but only you can determine that :)

Here’s the link:
http://www.divebuddy.com/divesite.aspx?DiveSiteID=289