Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

My Favorite Site in Belize
Hank-NYC - 10/16/2016 1:21 PM
Category: Videography
Replies: 7

In this video , I scuba dived 3 sites Coco Beach House Reef, Love Tunnel and Tackle Box. Out of the 3, Tackle Box and Love Tunnels are my favorite dives. I loved the swim thru’s. Coco Beach House Reef was cool. I had a lot shark interaction there, which was a lot of fun.

During the week, the surge was abnormal and it was difficult to shoot steady footage. I did the best I could under the conditions.

I shot this using a Gopro 4 Silver (1080P, 60fps, -1EV) with a Backscatter Filters and a Sealife video strobe. Edited with FCPX. youtu.be/3MTtbD5S0bI
Subscribed
bustem55 - 2/12/2017 5:13 PM
Nice Video. I am headed there in October of 2017 and was looking for a dive outfit....im guessing you advocate for the one mentioned in your credits then?
Subscribed
Hank-NYC - 2/12/2017 8:11 PM
@bustem55 - This was my second time on Ambergris Caye. While I enjoyed diving with the shop in this video - there are a few things to consider. They have small boats so if there’s slightly rough seas they might not go out. Also, they will send you to their partners (another dive shop) for trips to the Blue Hole or the other day trips. Also, they tend to dive the northern sites.

If I return, I would stay in town and probably dive with Amigos Del Mar - who I dived with on my first trip to Ambergris. I feel the southern sites are slightly better.
Subscribed
seaturtle - 4/09/2020 9:39 AM
Hi Hank, did you ever dive with Whale Sharks in Belize?
Subscribed
Hank-NYC - 4/09/2020 10:29 AM
@seaturle - Unfortunately, the few time I visited we didn’t have any whale shark encounters.
However, I’ve seen them in Mexico near Isla Mujeres and in La Paz.
Subscribed
seaturtle - 4/09/2020 10:32 AM
How was that experience? When are they in Isla Mujeres? We will be traveling in June.
Subscribed
Hank-NYC - 4/09/2020 10:34 AM
From seaturtle: How was that experience? When are they in Isla Mujeres? We will be traveling in June.

It’s fun! However, there are a lot of other snorkelers on other boats competing to see the whale sharks.
Be prepare to hop on and off the boat quickly if you want to get close. I can be a bit exhausting.
Subscribed
seaturtle - 4/09/2020 11:12 AM
Thanks again Hank! Take care :D