Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Osprey/ Venice Area (local)
dunemis - 5/21/2016 7:05 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 13

Hello,
I’ve been certified for over 10 years and have done multiple dives ranging from deep water to springs. I just moved to osprey FL and looking for a dive buddy locally in the area to do shore dives with. Preferably someone who knows the area and looking for the same. I move to this area because I’m fascinated with sharks and love looking for megalodon teeth. I have all my own gear with the exception of tanks and even some extra if needed. Please anyone in the area contact me that is interested, looking forward to hearing from you. Email addy cat_in_the_h@hotmail.com. Thanks

E
Subscribed
cbm369 - 5/21/2016 3:16 PM
I will be in Venice from June28 - July 1st, staying on Villa Dr. Never dove the area, but plan on doing several shore dives and would be glad to dive with you.

Charlie
Subscribed
Bhutas - 6/02/2016 2:34 PM
I’ll be doing boat dives with Florida West Scuba. Sat. afternoon and Sun morning. (June 11 and 12). Hope you can make it.

Andy
Subscribed
dunemis - 6/02/2016 2:52 PM
Thank for the replys although I’m looking for someone local to do shore dives with, Im not interested in doing boat dives. Thanks
Subscribed
Bhutas - 6/02/2016 3:18 PM
Ok. I’m not local, but may do a shore dive Sat. afternoon. (boat needs 4 minimum to go out) I’ll know something at the end of next week and let you know, if you’re interested.
Subscribed
dunemis - 6/02/2016 3:37 PM
If you are doing shore dives in the Venice Area I’m definitely interested. I live 15 mins from Venice, although I think next Saturday there is a good possibility that my family will be visiting. I have all my own gear including dive flag. If you are doing a boat dive I recommend Aristikat Charters. I was just looking at the tide chart for Saturday and its all messed up. Low tide is at like 530 in the morning for this Saturday. Id be game for seeing how the visibility is. Where are you coming from ?
Subscribed
Bhutas - 6/02/2016 3:48 PM
Driving from Jacksonville, FL.

I’ve already booked with Florida West. I thought about Aristikat, but their seating is limited and I was hoping a few friends were going to come with me. Seems mucking around on the bottom for fossils and giant shark teeth isn’t for everyone. :)

As long as vis is 2+ft, I think I’ll be fine. Just need to see what I can reach.

I am guessing I’ll be rolling into Venice about noon.
Subscribed
dunemis - 6/02/2016 4:12 PM
Are you coming into Venice at noon On this Saturday? Or next Saturday. Id be game for meeting you and doing a shore dive this Saturday (6-4).
Subscribed
Bhutas - 6/02/2016 4:17 PM
I will be there next Sat. June 11.
Subscribed
dunemis - 6/02/2016 4:22 PM
Ill update you later in the week but I think Ill be out of town that day with family visiting from Ohio.
Subscribed
Bhutas - 6/09/2016 10:58 AM
Looks like I’ll be going out on the boat Sat. afternoon.
Subscribed
dunemis - 6/09/2016 5:58 PM
I’m out of town, we just had a tropical storm hit. I have a feeling the Vis might be poor, if you can you might want to consider rescheduling. If not I wish you the best, update me on the visibility. Cheers
Subscribed
Bhutas - 6/13/2016 10:33 AM
Both boat dives were cancelled due to poor viz. Did a shore dive at Venice Beach. Viz was about 5ft.

Was a fun dive. large concrete blocks parallel the shore line about 200yds. out.

If I near Venice, I could see myself spending a lot of time in the water there.
Subscribed
dunemis - 6/13/2016 11:23 AM
Sorry to hear about that, Im going to be diving alot around here. When you get back in town , Id be happy to buddy up with you .My dad is coming to visit in about a week so I’ll be tied up for a bit but should be free after that. Glad you had a good time though :)