Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

dive information Rochester NY
scubadivingnomad - 4/02/2016 1:30 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 2

After being away for a few years, okay a few decades, I find myself back in the Rochester NY area. I will be here for a while and already miss my diving. I have only dived at tropical destinations, but am open to the local diving scene. I went into one of the dive centers last week and when I asked about any local diving it seem more of a brush off then a real answer. Can any divers in the rochester area point me in the right direction.

thanks
charles
Subscribed
Greg - 4/04/2016 8:02 AM
Have you tried our Scuba Earth section? There are quite a few dive sites near Rochester: divebuddy.com/scuba_earth.aspx?Location=Rochester%2C%20NY%2C%20USA
Subscribed
mcbridebj - 4/14/2016 4:07 PM
Charles:

There are several of the Finger Lakes which offer some interesting dives. S&R Underwater in Beaver Dams has a boat on Seneca. I am not sure what the schedule is for this year. I just dropped the owner a note. They offer air and Nirtox fills. Here is there web address: fingerlakesunderwaterdiving.com/ I dive with them almost every weekend in the summer. There are numerous barges from the 19th Century at the bottom of Seneca worth a few dives. There are several places on Keuka Lake worth diving as well. The drive is tolerable from Rochester. As stated, a relatively new diver here, I am looking for someone to dive with in the area.

Brian