Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Purge valve mask
Bikeman - 6/12/2015 11:42 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 3

A few years back, I started diving again after an approximate 10 year hiatus. Since then, I’ve purchased several masks, but have yet to find a mask that works for me as well as the Scubapro tri-view (small frame) purge-valve masks that I used back in the ’90s. Besides very little leaking, I loved the purge value since I could clear it quickly, which helped since I did the divemaster thing with a lot of classes back then.

Anybody have good success with a purge valve mask recently? I have fairly thin face, so I need a smaller frame and low-volume mask.
Subscribed
GreggS - 6/15/2015 7:10 AM
I use the Scubapro Crystal Vu plus. It fits my face very well so I get very little leakage. But when I do, very quick to clear. It is low volume with side panels.

scubapro.com/en-US/USA/essentials/masks/products/...l-vu-plus-purge.aspx
Subscribed
SafeT - 8/10/2015 1:31 PM
I bought one made by scubamax a couple of years ago and it works great. Just as described. Don`t know if they are still in production but they probably have a web site with products listed.