Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Bahamas Liveaboard
Johnny8 - 2/22/2015 9:41 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 12

I booked a trip last week of March to dive with Blackbeards for the week for just under $1k. They still had a few spots left as of Friday and depart Saturday afternoon. All meals included and no costs for a hotel so this should be THE lowest stress dive trip I’ve ever taken. If anyone needs to get out of Houston (like me) sometime during March check it out. John
Subscribed
ScubaDivingStickerscom - 3/01/2015 11:07 AM
I was just looking at this same company and trying to decide on some dates. Trying to get some of my buddies to go but no luck yet. What dates are you looking at going?
Subscribed
MarkBoylan - 3/03/2015 8:09 PM
I am on the April 4th week. Looking forward to camping on a boat and diving a lot :-)
Subscribed
Johnny8 - 3/30/2015 6:31 PM
It was awesome. Sandra, I got the idea from you after mentioning that you won a trip from them years ago. I was in the very front and not in the main galley thankfully but they had it all down to a science and were well organized and even drew out a rough sketch of each dive site on the white board to bring everyone up to speed. I recommend them as an economical way to get alot of diving done.
Subscribed
CeliaW - 3/31/2015 3:28 PM
Thanks for the info, we were thinking about it but one of my fellow travelers will go NUTZ if there isn’t a door or personal space to separate them from the others (including us :) )

We found a trip that would be a bit more comfortable that’s not too much more expensive, we just need to find 5 more divers interested in a post Xmas/ New Years voyage: lostislandvoyages.com/
Subscribed
Johnny8 - 3/31/2015 5:11 PM
That’s interesting, l’ve never heard of them but they look like they’re a smaller outfit and as a result are more flexible to cater to smaller groups.
Subscribed
sk290 - 3/31/2015 10:25 PM
That’s awesome! Any pics to share?
Subscribed
Johnny8 - 4/02/2015 2:56 PM
Sandra, I sure did. I uploaded a few pics and one short video to the cloud which you can access through the attached link. Hope you like ’em. It was my first trial run with the go pro. :-)
Subscribed
Johnny8 - 4/02/2015 2:57 PM
app.box.com/s/hl9297luvrpes6gxtg2hlv39armdu7l3

Above is the link again which didn’t display the first time..
Subscribed
sk290 - 4/03/2015 10:33 AM
Very nice! Looks like you saw lots of cool creatures. Are you still in Houston? Ever go back to Cozumel? I found this old picture of the group at the pool... fond memories... :)

Sandra
Subscribed
Johnny8 - 4/04/2015 12:40 PM
Sandra, Yes, I’m still in Houston. I haven’t been back to Cozumel. All my saltwater trips since our trip there have been to the Bahamas (twice) and a few trips to Florida and the keys. I couldn’t see the picture that you mentioned above but would love to see it if you can repost or message it to me.

I assume you are still in Dana Point or thereabouts? Hope all is well with you.
John