Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Computer Opinion
Diverguy1 - 6/05/2008 1:28 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 7

My Aeris 750GT bought the farm this past weekend so I’m shopping and asking opinions.

What do you use? Do you like it? What would you prefer to have?
gunsandhoses - 6/06/2008 6:37 AM
I posted this on the same question a few week ago, here link to all of it

http://divebuddy.com/forum_topic.aspx?ForumID=3790&SearchFor=&Category=

I dive the Tusa IQ-700 witch is the same as the Dive Rite NITEK DUO and Zeagle N2ition. I also dive the Cochran Commander, but I think the IQ-700 is a much better and more reliable computer. Display primary dive information; time elapsed and no decompression time remaining display. Current, max depth, Date, time, and water temperature display. Display graphs for ascent rates, N2 and O2 levels. It’s also a two gas computer with setting for 1 or 2 Nitrox mixes. Mix 1 is programmable for Nitrox mixes ranging from 21-50% and mix 2 is programmable for Nitrox mixes ranging from 21-99%. You are able to switch gas underwater, three user adjustable safety factor levels and gauge mode. Visible warnings for violation of ascent rate, no decompression, decompression stops and ceiling depth, Nitrox PO2 warnings.

For the money this computer will grow with you all the way to advance Nitrox. All three list for around $450.00, but you can pick them up for as low as $390.00.

DJ
SKEETER - 6/06/2008 4:35 PM
I have and have had 3 Oceanic Versa pro and now the 250. For rec diving I think that thay are grate. Out of the five divers I dive with all the time 4 have the 250. or versa pro.,
rescue15 - 6/06/2008 7:41 PM
The Cressi Archimedes 2. It’s the same as sthe Dive Rite Nitek Duo. I have only had it for a few dives so far but I like it. It’s easy to ues adn it has a safety margin function too.

Steve
RAWalker - 6/07/2008 10:52 PM
I started out with a Mares M2 it’s a wrist computer that uses standard AAA alkaline batteries. It’s a bit large but between that and the fact that the backlighting can be left on during a dive, it is very easy to see in all condition. It is Nitrox ready and does deep stops.

I moved from that computer to air integrated wireless. I have a Oceanic VT3 and an Atom 2.0 both are high quality and very high capabilty Nitrox ready with bottle switching or buddy monitoring. The VT3 is large and easy to read so my wife can use it with her less than perfect vision. The Atom doubles as a dive watch and is the size of a men sport watch. Athought I don’t regularly use it as a watch I do on dive trips.
jreitz1 - 6/09/2008 2:30 AM
If you like the size and comfort of your 750, but don’t mind a price increase you should take a look at the Ewatec Gallileo Sol. It costs about $2K which a major downside, but the computer itself is pretty sweet. I was diving the 750 also until my transmitter went south on me around the end of the year. Since then I have been using my buddies Suunto Vytec, since it was free, and he had the extra computer after getting the Sol. I just don’t care for the hockey puck style of the suuntos and I like having hoseless.
GelanaBanana - 6/12/2008 3:52 PM
I love my Suunto Mosquito...affordable, easy to use, doubles as a watch, dowload dives to your laptop and very durable.
coldwater - 3/15/2009 10:34 AM
I have the Pro Pluse2 from Oceanic you can dowen load dives on to a computore or lap top. It stores up to 25 dives,has a lot of featers also nitrox and if you have to change the batter you will not lose any info, can add a compuse to it also and everthing is in one spot