Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving San Diego in December
hkench - 10/17/2014 10:48 AM
Category: General
Replies: 4

Hitting Lego Land (Carlsbad CA) for Christmas, and want to squeeze in a dive day. Any suggestions on a dive charter? Waterhorse looks good.
Subscribed
Rich-D-Fish - 10/17/2014 11:19 PM
I’ve been on the Humbolt (Waterhorse), Marissa and Lois Ann. I like them all. The first two are more comfortable boats in my opinion. My only complaint about the Lois Ann is the boat rocks more in a swell due to it’s hull shape. That’s important to someone like me who gets sick on the dock looking at the boat. Here is a website with links to all the boats. I would run through all of their calendars and see which boat is going to where. If you like deep the Yukon wreck is a must see. californiadiveboats.com

Rich
Subscribed
hkench - 12/26/2014 10:33 AM
thanks for the input Rich, I booked a trip with Lois Ann. Diving the Ruby E. and kelp beds on Sunday 12/28. Now I just gotta shake this head cold before then.....
Hal
Subscribed
hkench - 1/01/2015 2:14 PM
Lois Ann cancelled the dive due to lack of divers. Luckily I was able to get aboard the Marissa for some awesome diving. 3 dive trip. 2 dives on the Yukon 95’ deep, and one dive on the Ruby E. At 80’ deep. Got some cool video, and saw a cormorant swimming along at 74’! Who knew they went so deep?
Subscribed
Rich-D-Fish - 1/09/2015 12:12 AM
Yup, it’s a strange sight to see a bird swimming around so deep. LOL. Glad you got to make those dives. The Yukon and Ruby E are always a winning combination.