Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Heading for Fiji, Australia,NZ
JasH - 10/14/2014 11:22 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

Well we are preparing for a 3 1/2 month trip with lots of water time. Starts Nov 27 with return March 13, 2015. Starting with Fiji for two weeks then to Sydney and down to Melbourne to visit family for Christmas.
Will be doing a couple of weeks in Tasmania as I worked there 30 years ago and did my first dives there.
We then hope to camper van around SE Australia for about a month, diving and snorkeling when possible.
Hope to head up to see at least the lower portion of the great barrier reef at some point.
From there to the north Island of NZ. Again camper van or some such so we can explore.
Would enjoy a few connections along the way if anyone wants visitors. Happy to reciprocate at our home on the coast just north of Sechelt. Some great cold water diving. Was just out this weekend and had 75’ visibility. Also need some dive/snorkel sites for the areas mentioned above.

Dive safe.

jason
Subscribed
tongben - 11/22/2014 8:28 AM
Jason,

I am heading that way for a couple of months myself: Vietnam, Philippines, Great Barrier Reef, New Zealand, and Fiji. I will be staying in resorts most of the time, it is unlikely our paths would cross at the same time but I wish you to have a wonderful trip.

Dive safe,
Ben
Subscribed
JasH - 12/24/2014 7:43 PM
Hi Ben
Hope all is well. I had some great dives in Fiji. Malolo Lia Lia and Pacific Harbour area. Dove with the bull sharks with Fiji Shark Divers. Great outfit. Interesting having 30 bulls circling around you within reach. Tiger shark didn’t show up unfortunately.
Now down in Melbourne and soon off to Tasmania. Looking for a dive buddy down there. See what happens.
Might try for a boat trip off Townsville for a few dives. Pricey but should be worth it.
What are you up to?

Jason