Good NJ Beach Dives; Anyone Know Any????
Grayfox - 5/17/2008 8:41 PM
Category: General
Replies: 5

Well I’m currently perfecting my dive skills at Dutch Springs in PA. I live in New Jersey and was wondering if anyone knows any good beach dives in New Jersey. At this point I can’t really afford to pay for dive trips off a boat; I already have one planned for June (cost $100 - not the cheapest thing you know).

So what I’m looking for is a good place to just park the car, walk to the beach, gear up, and go diving from the shore. So if anyone has ANY good beach dives that are cheap in entry fee, parking fee, etc. let me know...and more over if anyone wants to do these beach dives with me let me know too!!!! THANK YOU ALL WHO REPLY!!!! SEE YOU AT THE BOTTOM...and the top after the dive of course :-D

Safe Diving!!!

-Jose

"A great diver is a safe diver and therefore a live diver."
GypsyDiver - 5/18/2008 7:49 PM
I am going to do some beach dives soon. Let me when you are available. I am going to dive the Manasquan river bridge some time in the next month for sure. just for giggles
Subscribed
Grayfox - 5/18/2008 7:58 PM
Sweet, I’m there...I’m available pretty much every weekend really, so yeah we’ll get something together. Sounds good, plus I think I might have found a wreck down of the Jersey shore about 25’ deep...I’m going to research it a little more and let you know. Thanks man.
uc3307 - 5/19/2008 4:00 PM
I would love to find some beach dives NY/NJ/CT. I just started local diving but I am trying to find some. I would like try it when you guys are ready. I found a shop in Long Island that takes their students, maybe they will be nice enough to direct to the right path.
Subscribed
Grayfox - 5/19/2008 5:00 PM
Hey here is the wreck I was talking about...it seems like there is enough information on it, except for parking the site itself seems to present a simple lay out that isn’t too deep maybe you guys can let me know if you’re interested, we could plan a nice dive there...what do you think?

http://njscuba.net/sites/site_dual_wrecks.html

Let me know thanks!
WreckValley - 11/25/2008 5:03 PM

Check out this Free online guide to New Jersey beach diving.

http://www.aquaexplorers.com/beachdivingNJ.htm

Safe Diving

Capt. Dan