Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

looking to head up to 1000 islands for a dive trip
stsc-nepa-andy - 6/20/2014 2:38 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 7

does anyone have any recomendations on dive shops around 1000 islands, or rochester, canada or us side. I have traveled thru those areas before but never dove with anyone up there. let me know what you guys and girls thing. thanks for the help. PS i was looking at hunts’ dive shop in clayton area, just not sure.
Andy
Subscribed
fpv930 - 6/20/2014 7:51 PM
Depending on what you looking to dive there are many options. In the St. Lawrence area Hunt’s is a definite dive shop in the area on the US side. T.I.D.E - Thousand Islands Dive Excursion is a charter on the US side. He is very experienced and dive several wrecks like the Maggy L, Vickory, Keystorm and America.
There are also several dive shops on the Canadian side offering shore dives and charters.

If you head to Alexandria Bay there is a public area behind the hospital. It’s a shore dive on the Wreck of the Islander. There is also a table and chairs set up at about 55’ many divers go to. l
Subscribed
stsc-nepa-andy - 6/21/2014 4:14 AM
thanks for the help. I am not looking to get into any wrecks just get under and see whats up. I will looking into both of this and the shore dive you talk about.
Andy
Subscribed
fpv930 - 6/21/2014 10:31 AM
If you need additional information regarding where the shore dives are located hit me up. I will get you specific directions. Heck, If I am free I might even be there diving!
Subscribed
stsc-nepa-andy - 6/23/2014 2:52 PM
sounds good, i will let you know what and where we are heading! thanks
Subscribed
lerpy - 6/23/2014 2:57 PM
Are you planning on Canadian side or US side. There are several operators that run out of Brockville as well as Rockport. Thousand Island Pleasure diving runs out of Rockport area and has a walk on on Tuesday nights. There is a fair bit of shore diving on the Canadian side as well in the Kingston area, and in the river in the Rockport/Brockville area. Going a little farther east on the CAN side there is the Conestoga at Prescott and Lock 21 closer to Cornwall, both great shore dives.
Subscribed
stsc-nepa-andy - 6/23/2014 5:53 PM
thanks for the info lerpy. I will google some of these places tomorrow and see where we want to go. are the names of the shore dives called prescott and lock 21?
Subscribed
lerpy - 6/24/2014 3:32 AM
Look up Lock 21 and The Conestoga, here are a couple of links, the first for the Conestoga the second for Lock 21.

saveontarioshipwrecks.ca/content/conestoga-8

saveontarioshipwrecks.ca/content/lock-21

Both of these dives are in the river in current, Lock 21 has a fairly strong current.

The site saveontarioshipwrecks.ca/ is a good resource for the wrecks in the area of the Thousand Islands on the Ontario side.