Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking to join oil rig divers in TX
Legasea - 6/11/2014 2:37 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 7

Hello,
Does anyone go out to oil rigs/ Stetson Banks for diving? I’m looking to join someone or a group on a short weekend or day dive trip. Willing to share costs/ fuel, bring food and cover all the underwater photography for the group. Please let me know if you are going diving and have a room for one small girl with a camera :)

Looking forward.

Beata
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 6/12/2014 6:47 AM
Fling Charters has a trip coming up to Stetson on July 17 & 18th, I believe. You can find more information on their facebook page.
Subscribed
BillParker - 6/12/2014 7:49 AM
Maybe you should check out CHUM. It’s a Houston area dive group. I’m not a member (I live in DFW) but I know a couple of them and they are active local divers. chumclub.org/
Subscribed
BillParker - 6/12/2014 7:51 AM
Captain Beard’s boat has the best prices and he launches it from Freeport. He goes to rigs and sometimes star reef. facebook.com/captainbeardcharters
Subscribed
Legasea - 6/12/2014 8:08 AM
Thanks everyone for reply. I know Fling guys, and i know CHUM (although I’m also not a member), I’m a member in Lunarfinns and HUPS (Houston Underwater Photography Society). I was looking for possibility of something less organized and more self motivated. :) I will check out Captain Beard though thanks :))
Subscribed
Legasea - 6/14/2014 7:51 AM
Hey Steve, Thank you, Yes i will go anytime :). Things are much easier with my schedule now, so i’ll go whenever you invite :)
Subscribed
Deltarex - 6/16/2014 4:46 PM
Is anyone familiar with the rules and regulations for diving oil rigs off of TX? Do you need to get permission or can you just sail out there and dive them?
As a side note I am also in Houston and would be interested in such trips on weekends.
-Dave