Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for dive buddies in the Denver, CO area
scubawertz - 6/08/2014 4:09 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

Hello, I am looking for dive buddies in the Denver, CO area for some local summer diving adventures. I am available during the weekdays as well as most Saturdays and an occasional Sunday.
Subscribed
zen - 6/08/2014 8:12 PM
Hello,
I just saw your post and I’m traveling to Denver with a dive friend from Florida next week. Where do you dive? Also heading down to the Sea of Cortez in July. Drop me a line and tell me where you dive locally. Thanks, Marcie
Subscribed
scubawertz - 6/09/2014 11:30 AM
Locally in Denver it’s pretty much either the Aurora Reservoir or Kingfisher Pond behind the Chatfield Reservoir (Chatfield State Park). Both would be considered cold water diving (right now average water temperatures at depth are around 55 degrees F). There are some lakes in the mountains that we dive as well, but again, cold water diving. Also, since we’re above 5,000 feet, all dives are altitude dives, which means you’d need to wait about 24 hours after arriving before you should dive. (in case you didn’t know this already).

Thanks.

Stephen
Subscribed
japato - 6/16/2014 5:53 PM
I am local and interested. I am in Aurora
Subscribed
drunningdog - 6/28/2014 5:22 AM
I am local and I would be interested in diving some of the mountain lakes. Not to interested in diving Aurora Reservoir or Kingfisher Pond. Diving in a mud puddle is not my idea of a dive.

Dave