Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Does any know if there are any dive sites on Staten Island New York
joescuba420 - 5/29/2014 5:22 PM
Category: General
Replies: 6

No forum message.
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/30/2014 4:51 AM
On the island, well in the 60’s there used to be a race track and if you didn’t make the corner going into the pits you ended up in a canal. There may be some wrecks in there but that was some nasty looking water, I managed to keep my car out of that :)

I think you’ll need to head over to Long Island to 9th Street or out to Oak Beach, just watch the tides, you’ll need to be in at slack high tide or down to the Jersey Shore. That water needs to warm up more before I even think about it.
Subscribed
JeffQCScuba - 6/01/2014 7:50 AM
Dove Silver Lake a few times... It is pretty nice, good viz (considering what it is) and a lot of marine life from turtles and fish to FW crabs... Not sure how one can dive there recreationally, but worth a call to the parks department.
Subscribed
joescuba420 - 6/01/2014 9:07 AM
Jeff thanks it’s worth a shot
Are you FDNY I think they train there
RichKeller - 6/04/2014 1:42 PM
The only diving I have done there was off the eastern shore out to Hoffman & Swinburne Islands. There is an abandoned pier just north of Ft Wadsworth that might be worth looking into. I would stay out the industrial northern and western sides of the island.
Subscribed
joescuba420 - 6/04/2014 3:03 PM
Thanks rich I will look into it 😃