Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Tractor trailer parking
Scuba-Stu - 5/25/2014 7:34 AM
Category: General
Replies: 3

I am curious, I drive a truck for my main source of income and always carry my gear just in case of a layover near a dive site. I am wondering if anyone can tell me if there are places close by Clear Springs Scuba Park, and Balmorhea Springs. I can drop the trailer if absolutely necessary but I would prefer to be able to park it close enough to walk with the gear. Thanks
Eric_R - 5/26/2014 7:36 AM
I would contact the sites and see what they recommend.
clearspringsscubapark.com/

tpwd.state.tx.us/state-parks/balmorhea
Subscribed
Scuba-Stu - 5/27/2014 4:36 AM
I have found that ar CSSP I have to drop the trailer in Greenville about 25 miles away and if the park at Balmorhea isnt too busy I can park right across the street ub the shop’s parking lot, Nice people at the Funky Lil Dive Shop
Subscribed
WarmWaterTurner - 5/27/2014 8:01 AM
Considering Balmorhea is just off I-10 and really sort of in the middle of nowhere. You should not have any trouble finding a place to drop the trailer. There is a nice inn there called El Oso Flojo that we stayed at. It has a very large parking lot on the rear that I think could easily be parked there. +1 also for the Funky Lil Dive Shop.