Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for buddy - morning dive in Tel Aviv.
Yoni - 4/06/2014 1:46 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 2

I’ll be visiting some relatives in Tel-Aviv on Thursday, April 17th, and I would like to do a couple of dives in the morning before lunch (Octopus Dive Center). Anyone going to be in the area and interested in joining me?
Subscribed
badintexas - 4/11/2014 10:10 AM
Hey! I just sent a message to a diver in the area to see if they’re available to dive with you that morning. I wanted to ask, does it seem that there are many divers in your area? I would love to get the word out about Divebuddy as I noticed that there were just 2 divers on here. Thanks!
Subscribed
Yoni - 4/12/2014 10:17 AM
I am not sure what you mean "in my area". My city or in Israel in general?
I live in Maale Adumim (right outside Jerusalem). I am about a hour away from Tel Aviv, which is the closest place for me to dive, evne though it’s not really that great a place. Eilat (all the way south), which is probably the best place to dive in Israel, is about 3.5 - 4 hours away. There are other places to dive up north as well.
There seems to be a lot of people who have done the diving courses around my area (Jerusalem area), but I am not sure how many dive regularly or at all. This is what I am trying to find out now. I am always looking for diving buddies, but it’s hard to find them in my area, mainly because I don’t know where to look. Obviously, many are Hebrew speakers who would prefer being on Hebrew speaking forums rather than English speaking ones.
How would you propose getting the word out about DiveBuddy?