Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Seavision magenta filter lenses
rcy7 - 3/29/2014 9:22 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 6

Does anyone have experience with the Seavision magenta filter lenses either prescription or non-prescription. Getting bifocal lenses and trying to decide between clear and the red filter lens.
Subscribed
oceanfloor - 3/29/2014 1:34 PM
Order one of each, I only got the clear but wish I’d gotten the magenta also. I paid a lot less through seavision then I did for my first bifocal mask elsewhere. It also arrived in 3-5 days. I paid extra for the rush order.
Subscribed
DiveBuddyChgo - 4/02/2014 3:39 PM
I agree with Agojo. The red lenses is a must for tropical waters. I also use it on my nite dives. I am very happy also with the seal to keep water out.
Subscribed
rcy7 - 4/06/2014 4:13 PM
Wore my new Seavision 2100 mask with the red filter today. First dive was the Russian Freighter about 15 miles off shore from Pensacola, FL. Bottom depth was 95’ and the vis was 30’, water temp 64. The red filter brought out colors that were not there when I did this dive last month. So many different colors I didn’t see before. The mask fit great and was very comfortable. I only used the defogger that came with it without any problems with it fogging. I have ordered a second one with my bifocal prescription and looking forward to using it.

Thanks everyone for your input. It was very helpful in my decision. I’ll let you know how the prescription one works when I get it.
Subscribed
Deflow - 4/11/2014 4:35 AM
I’m looking to buy a very good dive light what brand would you buy. I have been looking at the light & motion sola dive or the Sola Tech 600 or just let me know what is a good dive light
Subscribed
rcy7 - 4/20/2014 5:03 PM
My bifocal prescription SeaVision mask is perfect. Been on 4 dives with it without a problem. I have no problem reading through the bifocals. The only thing I am adjusting to, is walking on the boat deck with the mask on before jumping into the water. Looking down at your feet with your mask on, the bifocals makes it burry. Learning to look more through the top of the lens.