Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Prescription Glasses
JohnnyJohnny - 3/03/2014 8:20 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 14

Looking for information where I can get my mask customize to have it actually with the correct prescription. I do not wear contact lens at all, only prescription glasses. The only website that I seem to like is divesight.co.uk/ but kind of nervous because it’s foreign. I do not want an insert but an actually prescription mask. I live in Pueblo, CO and the nearest center is 30 mins away. They can get my prescription close to my eyesight but won’t be as accurate. Is someone having the same issue and if so, can you please provide me a website, information, anything that work best for them. Thank you fellow diver.

Johny
Subscribed
John_giu - 3/04/2014 7:24 AM
these are by magnification only leisurepro.com/p-csbmlf/cressi-corrective-lens-for-focus-mask
or here scuba.com/scuba-gear-53/Masks-Masks-wOptical-Lenses.html

as for the stick on lens scuba.com/scuba-gear-54/028500/Dive-Optics-Stick-...cuba-Dive-Masks.html

I contacted the manufacturer, who told me there was now difference between the over-priced (my words)
dive lens and the one available at drug store for use with prescription sun glasses. scuba.com/scuba-gear-54/028500/Dive-Optics-Stick-...cuba-Dive-Masks.html
Subscribed
ScubaSteve63 - 3/04/2014 8:04 AM
I use one of these and love it. I’m 20/600 and with this mask I use no corrective lenses and in addition to all the other benefits I can now see 20/20 underwater.

hydrooptix.com/
TColJeep - 3/04/2014 6:46 PM
Prescriptiondivemasks.com do a great job. I have 2 done by them. You can send them your own mask or purchase one of theirs.
Subscribed
DiveBuddyChgo - 3/06/2014 3:29 AM
Sea Vision Manufacture Website..You can build your own mask threw Sea Vision manufacture website. I have bought 3 mask threw this site with no problems. You will have to e mail your eye prescription. The add on price for prescription mask is $120 over the reg. $60 price of a basic mask. The LDS will add $240 for the prescription add-on and order it from the same website. You can actually build any of their mask the way you want it to be.
Agojo - 3/06/2014 9:29 PM
I second SeaVision, seavisionusa.com/site/index , I just replaced my first seavision Rx mask after 11 years and 500 dives with a new mask and updated Rx. SeaVision is located in Florida and mail order direct from them is no problem.
Subscribed
oceanfloor - 3/09/2014 9:03 AM
Just ordered mine yesterday from seavisionusa.com/site/index and paid extra for a rush order, I’ll let you know at the end of the week how good the service is. I did notice that other then the prescription info, they never asked for personal contact info. My shipping address popped up when I paid with Paypal. Was hoping I wasn’t ripped off :) so am glad to see that others on here have use the service before. My first prescription mask was ordered through a dive shop in 2007 and am pretty happy with it but appears to be on it’s last leg, so to speak.
Subscribed
oceanfloor - 3/12/2014 9:47 AM
Yea, my prescription mask arrived today! I ordered it late Saturday night. From order to delivery 3 1/2 days. It gives the appearance of a full prescription mask, unlike my last mask that obviously had much smaller lenses bonded in. It is a bifocal mask so has an apparent bifocal section. It states it has an anti-fog quality. Can’t wait to test it out at the pool on Saturday to see if it holds true. Regardless, so glad I received it in time for my live-aboard dive trip in April. I think I’ll be ordering some filtered masks from Sea Vision real soon!
Subscribed
SeaGoat - 3/14/2014 5:53 AM
Make sure to buy a floating mask strap to go with it. Marsoops makes a good one. If you drop your (expensive) mask it will float on the surface of the water and make it easy to retrieve. My visually impaired buddies and I love them.
Subscribed
JohnnyJohnny - 3/17/2014 1:19 AM
Thank you everyone for the many great advices provided. I have gather so much information and useful resources thanks to everyone.
Subscribed
oceanfloor - 3/28/2014 7:22 AM
Just an update on my mask. I got clear lenses, bifocals. I’ve only used it in the pool and really like it. I’m having to get use to the location of the reading focal. It’s anti fog and seems to hold out except I’m a nose breather and exhaling through the nose can steam it up. Looking forward to using it in the ocean. Will be buying more from sea vision. Great service!
Subscribed
rcy7 - 3/28/2014 8:26 AM
Does anyone have experience with the Seavision magenta filter lenses either prescription or non-prescription. Getting bifocal lenses and trying to decide between clear and the red filter lens.
Subscribed
Gregihpil - 4/01/2014 4:47 AM
I would add another ++ vote for priscriptiondivemask.com .I have had 2 masks done by them.The staff is great and customer service excellent.Very thorough with marking your mask to where you need the magnification .Their located in Ca.
Subscribed
DiveBuddyChgo - 4/01/2014 6:08 AM
The Magenta filter lens is a must for reef diving. If you want to bring the reef color back. Its a must for me on vac. reef dives.