Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Rite HIDs
TXRdiver - 4/02/2008 8:24 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 3

Dive Rite is having a sale on their HID canister lights and I want to buy one!!! Does anyone have experience with the MR11 or H10??? Which do you like better and why????
DalelynnSims - 4/03/2008 12:33 PM
I have the 11 as I can adjust the light for photos. I use this in place of or along with a strobe.
Tibbar23 - 4/03/2008 12:33 PM
Hi, I have the MR11 and love it; the head is a bit smaller than the H10. This light really lights up the night and is very confirmable. I have not used the H10, so really can’t say if it better. But the MR11 works fine for my needs. I use it on Vacation and New England while night diving.
scubadave - 7/25/2008 6:40 AM
I have the MR11 and love it. It is compact and pretty rugged. Just don’t drop the light head (especially when it is on) or you will probably wreck the bulb (which Diverite claims is not user replaceable). I have a buddy that uses the H24, which is similar to the H10, with the adjustable reflector. He likes the light, but has had the reflector break off a couple times. I personally like the MR11 better than the H10 and they will both put out about the same amount of light and use the same battery, can, etc. I guess it comes down to the adjustable reflector H10 or the more compact rugged design MR11.