Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

proposing underwater
scubaguy28 - 3/25/2008 4:46 PM
Category: Romance
Replies: 7

Hi everyone, i am thinking about asking my girl friend to marry me while diving, does any body have any thoughts or sugjestions.
dvr4lyf - 3/26/2008 10:04 AM
Wait until the sea sickness wears off. :)
UWnewbee - 3/29/2008 11:39 AM
make sure tanks are full, in case of a disagreement the night before make sure yours is full!
jayme - 3/30/2008 10:57 PM
Congrats, I would ask her with on an underwater slate. Then put the ring on a clip so it comes off easily. Just do it in good vis hahah
NWKatShark - 4/01/2008 10:00 PM
If you marry her, then you’ll have to BUY her dive gear.
malibu - 4/05/2008 1:42 AM
Maybe ask her at the "Crist of the Abyss" in Key Largo if you follow and of the Christian religions. Have a great weekend getaway planned and call the dive shop ahead of time to make sure they can get you to the site. It should be your 2nd dive of the trip or the last dive of the day.. Bring champagne for all on the boat and have a great dinner and evening. DO NOT DO IT DURING ANY NIGHT DIVE!!!!! Have a great time
mainediver - 5/18/2009 9:16 PM
Great idea, go for it!

I asked my wife 22 years ago in just that manner.

We were diving in St. Croix, in about 30’ of water.

While on the bottom (sandy area) I motioned for her to stay still while I wrote the proposal on my slate.

I asked her to marry me, and gave her 2 options: yes with a huge box to check off, and no with a microscopic box to check off.

When she saw the message she was grinning so much she almost dropped the regulator out of her mouth. Needless to say she said yes.

Upon surfacing I took a picture of the slate. It has since been framed and is hanging in our house.

Best wishes!