Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dry Suit seals
lerpy - 12/28/2013 6:38 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 4

Got a dry suit for Christmas, very excited about it, but there is a learning curve so I will start asking questions. First, and this I did not know until started reading more, I need to cut my seals. I have read various ways to do this, and it seems that doing it yourself a bit at a time to get the right fit is the way to go. Looking for advice on cutting the seals, or whatever I should be doing to prep the suit before diving.
Subscribed
Indiana - 12/28/2013 10:26 AM
Depending on what kind of wrist seals if they are bottle neck seals do not cut and if they are done cut 1 ring at a time and try . You want them as tight as you can without stopping blood flow. Same with the neck seal. They will stretch a little so if you can wear it for a hour and see how it is. Just remember only cut 1 ring at a time then try it.
Subscribed
UWnewbee - 12/28/2013 11:46 AM
im sure your gonna take the dry suit course? if so,,id wait till then,, im sure the instructors and dive shop will help you out
Subscribed
DiveBuddyChgo - 12/31/2013 2:23 PM
Don’t cut the seals ! Then even then don’t cut the seals. Never cut the seals. You can stretch the seals. An unused seal can be taken off without destroying it and replaced with a larger size by a professional dry suit repair shop. Dry Suits Plus Trinity,Texas has a good website for the care of your dry suit. I am 240lbs and I know my neck seal size is a XX-Large latex seal. Don’t accept a new dry suit without the dive shop either being responsible for their cut of the seal or re sizing a seal that fits you properly. But never cut your seals.