Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Semi-drysuits
Divinandjeeps - 3/07/2008 6:11 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 7

I was looking at a 5/4mm Semi-Dry Jumpsuit and was wondering about using one. I currently wear a wetsuit. How dry is semi-dry? Any help would be appreciated!
NWKatShark - 3/07/2008 8:45 PM
You`re gonna get married. Save your money for the wedding.
Jen-Michael - 3/09/2008 12:26 PM
If you ask me you`re either wet or dry. A semi-wet suit is just an expensive wet suit.
NWKatShark - 3/14/2008 9:29 PM
AND, it`s a cheap Drysuit!
debay(Dee-Bay) - 3/29/2008 1:38 PM
I tend to disagree a bit here. There is a brand called waterproof wetsuits out there that make semi drys that are reputed for keeping the wearer almost completely dry. I live on the coast of North Carolina and the water gets chilly for me sometimes. Im in the process of gettting a 5 mm Semi Dry from Waterproof wetsuits to keep me diving earlier and latter in the season. look them up. Discovery Diving in Beaufort NC, is about to get s hipment in of some their wetsuits. they will be able to order anythign you need from them.
trickyrick - 4/22/2008 6:42 AM
check out the SUBOGEAR brand, I bought one and absolutly love it !!! wicked cheap in price, 5mil semi-dry twice as warm as 7mil wet. I dive strong currents that sometimes just rip through a normal wet suit. semi-dry is the way to go all year. you don’t get wind chill either !!!
Bobo - 7/04/2008 12:22 AM
I dive SOCAL in a Bare 7mm Hooded Semi-dry, still get soaked, but the water only changes out when I open my hood. If your looking to stay dry, look at a dry suit, Bare does have some good deals also Whites new fusion suit seems real nice, but I have not heard many reports on it yet. keep your cash if you have a ecent wet suit.