Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive buddy-Okinawa
Skjamdive - 11/11/2013 8:06 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

Dive buddy wanted in Okinawa. Anytime. Please feel free to email me at skjamhunt@gmail.com.
Subscribed
badintexas - 11/15/2013 10:58 AM
Hey Kimberly! We have a few DiveBuddy members in the area and I’m sending them messages right now for you. Please post pictures once you get out diving. We love seeing new and beautiful places on here!
Subscribed
Skjamdive - 12/03/2013 7:18 AM
Thanks, I’ve heard from several people. I’ve talked to divers in other places and it’s great. Love the site. We have been out diving every week. I’ll put some pictures up.
Subscribed
scubasteve2012 - 12/06/2013 7:24 PM
Glad to know how much you like diving. I have yet to dive that part of the world but I would like to. How far are you from the dive sites and where is the nearest international airport? I live in Colorado near Aspen and right now it is -0 degrees and I can’t wait to get away.

Steve
Subscribed
Skjamdive - 12/07/2013 9:01 AM
Oh Steve!
So sorry it’s so cold there. Honestly the nearest international Airport is Toyko, then you would have to get a flight to Okinawa. It’s even cold this time of year on mainland Japan. Luckily we are on the main island of Okinawa. There are many smaller islands around great for diving also. We went on a night Dive with Blade I think it was Wednesday Night. He posted some pics. They were great. Our camera, not as good. Something I plan to change soon. The temp at the time we went in was 68 F. We had 3 mm suits, gloves, boots, two of us had hoods. The water was great, vis was good. It was cold when we got out, but we entered at sunset and came out after sundown. We and cold hit quick stepping out of the water. But honestly it wasn’t bad. And I’m not one for the cold. We just took the wet stuff of quick and dried off. So all was well. We loved every minute of it. I know it gets colder in January. Might have to consider a 5mm, but I’ll wait and see. Not going to waste the money if I don’t need it. I’m going to pick up another tank, my first is an alumni I one, going to get a steel one.
So I’m sure you are taking advantage of the slopes. Enjoy the cold. Hope you get out this way, or to anyplace to get some diving in.

Keep in touch.
Kim