Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for used tanks
Kelli_Kenny - 8/14/2013 8:00 PM
Category: For Sale
Replies: 5

I am looking for 3 used aluminum 80s (with valves). The way I have it figured, it will cost me about $100 to get it hydro’ed, annual, and first fill, so I would prefer them in hydro or cheap! Please email me at sovereignbloodstock@gmail.com, I am located in Lexington, KY
Subscribed
John_giu - 8/21/2013 5:58 AM
Kelli,

Locally (Philadelphia Suburbs) I can buy rebuilt 80s with new VIPs and Hydros and rebuilt vavlve for $100.00 but the shipping would break the deal for you. You might check around to see if a local dive shop in your area has any deals.

Sadly in most cases an old tank is worth more in aluminum scrap. Buy the time you buy an ebay tank pay fro shipping and have it rebuilt, you can get a new tank.
Subscribed
firemedic69 - 8/25/2013 7:49 PM
I have in hydro will need vis check. Just extra tanks i have. I am in Indianapolis so we might be able to work something out let me know direct email firemedic69@tds.net
Subscribed
John_giu - 8/27/2013 8:15 AM
Another thought, Most online retailers allow you to set price alerts. You could fix a price you are willing to pay and wait-out a sale.
Subscribed
shellmoundal - 4/02/2014 9:05 AM
Hydro is every 5th year. VIP is annual. the average cost for VIP is $20.00 and that includes 21% FILL.