Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Live-aboard trip tips
dontdiveenuf - 8/02/2013 5:45 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

I’m considering my first live-aboard trip and I don’t want to be over- or under-prepared. I’m reasonably experienced as a diver, and I’m interested in any travel and dive tips people have to offer related to making a live-aboard trip more enjoyable and memorable (in a good way); things to do or bring, activities, things to avoid or keep an eye out for, etc.

"Anytime I’m underwater and still breathing is a good time!"
Subscribed
dontdiveenuf - 8/05/2013 5:25 AM
Great ideas. Thanks much - especially about how much to tip. I know that’s always a hot topic. :-) And I love the idea of the ear bulb for rinsing the reg. I’ll have to look into what kind of ’gifts’ to bring for kids though - do youi know if Palau is fairly well-developed at this point?
Subscribed
diverray - 8/06/2013 6:54 PM

LatitudeAdjustment - 4 days 11 hours ago.

"You’ll spend most of your time in a tee shirt, hopefully a Dive Buddy and shorts so don’t overpack :)"

LA, you may have left a comma out of that statement. Or maybe you know something about his dive buddy?
Subscribed
dontdiveenuf - 8/07/2013 6:29 AM
diverray: Nice! I’m usually pretty good at catching grammaticos, and I missed that one completely. Well done!