Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Security first
markproject - 7/29/2013 2:35 AM
Category: Health & Safety
Replies: 5

Dear Divers,

Today I need your help, I’m working on a project, that will improve our security as divers and our Friends and Family who would like to discover this magnificent world.

For that, I need as many feedback regarding diving accident/incident.

In a nutshell, I’m working on a project to survey accidents or incidents about diving. This project will help us to create a quality control on the different diver centres around the world.Therefor, enabling us to improve the security and education of diving.

For that I need feedback concerning :

- Encountered problem

- Diving ID (if you have one)

Any information will greatly improve our hobby,

Thank you for your time.

PS : Send your feedbacks to this address -> dive.markproject@gmail>com
Subscribed
Greg - 7/29/2013 9:47 AM
These past surveys may help you:

http://www.divebuddy.com/forum/19305/decompression-sickness-dcs-aka-bends/

http://www.divebuddy.com/forum/29086/bitten-sea-creature-scuba-diving/

http://www.divebuddy.com/forum/27122/written-scuba-diving-emergency-action-plan/

Personally, my reg started to free flow while at 70’ underwater in freezing cold Lake Tahoe...that’s the only problem I’ve ever encountered while scuba diving.

Good luck on the project!
Subscribed
dontdiveenuf - 7/29/2013 11:29 AM
Encountered Problem: mouthpiece disconnected from regulator 2nd stage when the hose caught on a rock as I passed thru a narrow space in the reef.

LatitudeAdjustment - 7/30/2013 7:56 AM
Had weight belt release catch on wreck and release, replaced overcenter release with buckle. NJ

Had bites come off on mouthpiece, replaced with SeaCure mouthpiece. NJ

Had wire tie break on BC inflator hose, couldn’t add air, good thing my weighting was right. Replaced with TWO wire ties at both ends. Cozumel

Got hole in wing, matching hole in dive bag, not sure what stabbed bag and it wasn’t the 1st dive of the trip. Patched wing with bicycle tube patch. Still holding air 5 years later :) NC

Diving ID, I was certified before numbers
Subscribed
Brian_V - 8/11/2013 9:14 AM
Are you seeking dive accidents\incidents that are true recordable incidents, where an incident report was sent to a certification agency due to an injury while diving? Or are you looking to record problems encountered while diving, but no recordable injury occurred?
Subscribed
Brian_V - 8/11/2013 9:45 AM
I’m sure you’re aware of this resource, but if not, the Divers Alert Network publishes an annual report on dive accidents. It’s free to everyone to download from their website. Search for DAN Annual Diving Report. It’s pretty comprehensive on diving accidents that have occurred worldwide. Lots of stats and charts, along with detailed descriptions of each reported incident.