Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Thanks Dive Buddy
Divinandjeeps - 2/06/2008 5:55 AM
Category: Romance
Replies: 5

I usually don`t write blogs but the way I am feeling now, I just had to sit down and write. I met someone via Divebuddy and I want to thank Greg for creating Divebuddy. With out this site...I don`t think I would have ever met him. I was looking on day for new people in the FL area and started to check out SC and GA. Then something made me look in NC. Now if you know me, I prefer to dive warm water and NC does not have warm water, so it was odd for me to even bring that state up! I am so glad I did!!! I guess most of you have figured it out by now that I am seeing Damieon (# 1 on my buddy list). He is the most awesome man. We have so much in common and its like we have known each other in different lives...not just one other but many. Sounds weird huh? Yeah we kind of think so to but the main thing is that he makes me smile constantly and I hate being away from him. I never thought I would meet someone that I could be totally happy with, since I got divorced. But I found him and could not be happier! Not to mention that I have met a lot of great friends onthis site as well.....Scott, Eric, Otto, Monty, Tom...to name a few. Again...Thanks Greg for an awesome site!
Greg - 2/08/2008 11:12 PM
Make sure to post pics of your future babies!
debay(Dee-Bay) - 2/12/2008 8:16 AM
im sorry, but being a NC diver, I must take at least a small stand here. We DO have warm water diving. Our inshore wreck sites can get a little chilly in the early and late season, and even the offshore temps get a little cool in the winter, but we do have warm water. Our offshore sites sit in the blue water that comes in off the gulf stream. During our main diving season the water is in the 80`s. It might be accurate to say that we dont have year round warm diving temperatures compared to the Caribbean, but if you compare us to Monterey Bay, we dont even have cold water!! and congrats on the find. may you find happiness and if it is meant to be, a wonderful future together.
dvr4lyf - 2/18/2008 10:14 AM
BIG CONGRATS to u both!!!!!
anemone - 2/20/2008 9:59 PM
Kathy, awesome story and I wish you both the best! For all the teasing online, still the best thing to find is a romantic partner AND dive buddy rolled together into one.
anemone - 2/25/2008 10:32 PM
Hey! I`m feeling all warm and fuzzy, (or maybe its just that spring and warm weather comes early in the deep south) but lets hear some more great stories like this one. Any others out there that have met and matched on dive buddy? (Need my romance fix.....;)