Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Costa Rica - Pacific side any recommendations?
zielit - 6/24/2013 12:35 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 2

I’ll be staying next month in Papagayo region (NW side of Costa Rica). I’ve heard Diving Safaris are "go to" guys over there. Do you have any other experiences and recommendations? Which dive sites are "must see"? I’m going with non-diving wife so my dive will be limited. Hence I don’t want to "experiment" too much.
Subscribed
Richcoast - 6/25/2013 2:33 PM
Hi Zielit,

We are Rich Coast Diving and we are based on Playas del Coco; one of the beaches nearest to the better dive sites in Northern Costa Rica. We are a 5 Career Development Facility and have therefore trained a lot of the staff in the other dive centres in the area. Check out Trip Advisor for reviews.

For non divers we offer a snorkel guide service on the dive boat so that your wife will be accompanied and shown to the best spots. She can even try diving in our pool and then on the boat with you if she likes!

The dive sites we offer range from 40 - 90 feet; I would personally recommend Tortuga to see the White Tip Reef sharks by the ship wreck or the schooling fish and chance to see schools of sting rays and eagle rays at Punta Argentina. Both of these dives sites are close to shore (15 minutes by boat) and are maximum depth 75 feet.

If you want to contact us directly please email: dive@richcoastdiving.com and check out our website at: www.richcoastdving.com.

Hope this helps!

Laura

Manager

PADI Staff Instructor

Subscribed
Dutch - 6/30/2013 3:11 PM
I think Rich Coast are the go to guys/gals there!