Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Turks & Caicos
will58 - 1/28/2008 5:42 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

I`m going to the Turks in May 2008, any recommendations for a dive shop or does anyone no anything about Caicos adventures. Is there shore diving there and any must sees.
Tibbar23 - 1/29/2008 9:32 AM
I have Dove with Caicos adventures and had a great time, very good dive operation. 1st time we stayed at the Sands resort and had a good time. Note Caicos Adv picks you up and drops off at that resort. French Cay is a must do site. Secomd time we stay on a liveabord Explorer Venture, this is the way to go.
geagle01 - 1/29/2008 2:18 PM
Will: If you want a personalized experience, with a very small group aboard, you can`t go werong with Flamingo Divers. Here is their website: http://www.flamingodivers.com/ Mickey and Jane will take care of you. I was there last May as well, and dove 5 days with them. I think twice it was me and 2 other divers, and once it was just one other diver. They take pictures and put them on a CD and sell them to you at a reasonable price if you want them. You can see some of them on my home page. As far as shore diving, there really isn`t any on Caicos, but there is on Turks. However, there is a nice place to snorkel out in front of Coral Gardens. The best out of the way place to snorkel was on the other side of the island. To get there, we had to leave our small rental at the top of a hill it would never have made it down, and hike the last mile or so. Our efforts were rewarded. One of the most beautiful beaches I`ve ever seen in my life, and great snorkeling too. We didn`t see anyone else while we were there, except for the dive boats just off shore. Anyway, if you want to know more, email me and I`d be glad to offer any advice. We stayed at the Royal West Indies, which was great. Have a great time!! Nathan Bayer
Janvier - 1/29/2008 7:22 PM
I dove with Dive Provo and they were great. Located next to the Comfort Inn. I stayed at Ocean Club West and had a great time.
Linda - 2/01/2008 6:10 PM
I love T+C diving and when on Provo go with Fifi and Caicos Adventures... most of the locals do!! If you have time, I would definitely spend a few days diving Salt Cay with Deb and make sure you go to Miss Patty`s for some of the best conch fritters in the caribbean!!! If you dive with Salt Cay Divers you will be able to dive both Salt Cay and Grand Turk...
shawnabbtt - 2/03/2008 9:56 AM
i thought flamingo closed up?