Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive trip Belize or Roatan
Diver38 - 5/29/2013 11:57 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

Going to go to one or the other looking like late july 2013 anyone with ideas of the better choice and what company to use when I get their .Would love to hear all ideas

Thanks
Subscribed
Bob01 - 5/29/2013 3:19 PM
If you’re going for a diving vacation only, I would go to the CoCoveiw on Roatan. Excellent shore diving from their dock and 4 boat dives a day. If you’re looking for night life and diving I would choose Belize or another resort on Roatan near the west end.
Subscribed
Diver38 - 5/29/2013 3:21 PM
Thanks Bob I love diving but the wife doesn’t so like to have the best of both worlds
Subscribed
Bob01 - 5/29/2013 3:36 PM
Check out Anthonys Key (sp?) in Roatan then but you can have a great time in Belize also. Belize would probally be more safe also.
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/31/2013 7:47 AM
"Check out Anthonys Key (sp?) in Roatan then but you can have a great time in Belize also. Belize would probally be more safe also."

Agree that for traveling with a non-diver AKR would be the best bet on Roatan, more there to do and the botanical garden is about a block away.

Belize City is a slum and not safe at night or for your wife to be walking around alone during the day plus the best diving is offshore from one of the islands but not sure about the nightlife on them.