Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

West Palm Beach FL
diverray - 3/24/2013 6:37 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

Any experience with Jim Abernethy’s Dive shop/boat in West Palm Beach, FL? These seem to be all drift dives? Anyone familiar? I may be there Mid April. Any suggestions welcome. I haven’t make any arrangements yet.
badintexas - 3/25/2013 5:31 AM
Here is a picture and 2 members have dove (dived) with the shop. You can contact them directly and ask questions if you’d like to!
http://divebuddy.com/photo.aspx?PicID=46142
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/25/2013 5:33 AM
When I’m in the WPB/Jupiter area JA and Jupiter Dive Center are my favorites. JA tends to be more photo centered, I don’t think I’ve ever been on JA’s boats without some big name photographer especially during the grouper and lemon shark aggregations. JDC boats will be about half spearos. All boat diving in SE Florida and some shore dives are drift dives, come prepared with a big sausage.
TColJeep - 3/26/2013 6:00 PM
There are plenty of wrecks to dive in the WPB area. The big thing to keep in mind is you will be diving in some of the strongest currents in the Gulf stream. Force E in Riviera Beach can set you up on one of several boats they partner with. I also use Splashdown Divers in Boynton Beach when in the area. Both are top notch operations.