Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Accomplished bad divers
divingbear - 3/21/2013 3:58 AM
Category: Health & Safety
Replies: 6

http://www.johnchatterton.com/2013/03/19/accomplished-bad-divers/

A great read just thought It needed sharing.
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/21/2013 6:17 AM
I was on a liveaboard trip where I was surprised to see divers who thought of them selves as elite, better than average divers sucking on their ponies rather than quit smoking and improve their SAC numbers. What was worse was the crew wasn’t saying anything to them and refilling the tanks.

Another liveaboard I’ve used checked the tanks and would have ended their dives for the day coming back with all of your tanks on empty.
Rich-D-Fish - 3/21/2013 7:33 AM
RIP Ed.
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/25/2013 7:11 AM
I don’t think it’s the training, we had a doctor in our club who we think had a death wish, first in, last out, never saw him on the wreck and he would always surface with little or no air.
Braam77 - 4/05/2013 4:39 PM
Some divers are Idiot’s if he was your dive buddy consider yourself lucky!! now most divers are inconsiderate male organisms, females aren’t immune!! You neeed to change dive affiliations and use al the air you pay for!! if you reach the limit go to the surface!!! IDIOT!!!!