Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

BlackBeard’s in February info. from others who have gone
watergardenut - 12/18/2012 2:17 PM
Category: General
Replies: 4

Am planning a trip to the Bahamas in February. Will be on the BlackBeards live aboard ships. Would like information from others who might have taken this same trip. What to look forward to, what to plan for etc... thank you, gg.
LatitudeAdjustment - 12/19/2012 7:06 AM
I hope you enjoy camping because that’s the best way to discribe Blackbeards, camping at sea.
Subscribed
watergardenut - 12/19/2012 7:58 AM
Ok, I get it. Limited space, cramped quarters, I think I can live with that, but how about the water, the dives??
LatitudeAdjustment - 12/19/2012 9:48 AM
There are a lot of beautiful dives, mostly shallow but you’ll be doing 4 or 5 a day so even though they are shallow watch your bottom time.

The Bahamas are sitting on top of a big plateau, as the tides change the water flows on and off the top so there are always currents to deal with but they have learned where to drop you and when.
Subscribed
watergardenut - 12/20/2012 7:41 PM
Thank you! I’m thinking and dreaming of warm, clear water and beautiful fish.......