Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving in Roatan in January
JamesinKC - 11/10/2012 7:36 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

I am heading to Roatan January 17-22. This is my first trip there and any advise would be welcomed. If you are going to be there and interested in doing some diving let me know. My normal dive buddies bailed so I am headed there solo.
webbinator - 11/10/2012 7:55 AM
I cannot be there then, I wish you were going two weeks earlier and I could dive with you because that is when I will be there.
Subscribed
Slim - 11/20/2012 6:55 AM
I have a buddy down there who dives. I can hook you guys up. He runs a travel agency.
Gregihpil - 12/25/2012 10:54 AM
James,I’m new here on this board.Just happen to catch your destination.I just returned from there this past Nov.I stayed at Media Luna.With out giving you the details of my stay there.I will say I had the Dive’s of a lifetime. Aqua Adventures is the shop I dove with. Mirta & Gary are the owners,good shop.Creatures were plentiful. Because Media Luna is on the North East & most Remote, part of the Island.We also had I think the best in wildlife.From Seahorses,Eels,Frogfish,Squid,Small Groupers .If you have time do the Shark dive with Waihuka. They are down in the south part of the Island near Coco View, Near West End .As this period is during their wet/Rainy season.Just a heads up.Bring bug repellent.Sand Flys are bad..Trip advisor will verify this by several Travelers..Enjoy your trip....