Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Seeking Din First Stage 10/16/12
hcdiveteambrian - 10/16/2012 8:56 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 5

Looking for an old din first stage regulator in Southern California. If it needs a service no biggie. Interested in one that at least holds intermediate pressure. OR I have a 2004 100CF Norris Steel Tank (Dive N Surf) Hydro’d in May 2012. Inside and out looks brand new. It’s DIN only valve. Will trade for Steel 100/120 tank that has Yoke, or Yoke adaptable valve, as long as there is a recent HYDRO date. Or for sale-$200.00 you pick up. LA COUNTY.
Dutch - 10/19/2012 2:25 PM
If you like the tank, keep it. Have one of your backup regs converted to DIN and by a DIN to Yoke adapter.
Dutch - 10/19/2012 2:25 PM
That should say BUY not BY
Subscribed
hcdiveteambrian - 10/19/2012 6:18 PM
dutch are you sure it shouldn’t say bye? hey do you have a link to what you’re talking about? Norris tanks are DIN only valve. To use a DIN to YOKE adapter for a 3500 CF I hear isn’t the best thing to use for diving, but maybe filling is ok with it. Anyway thanks for the advise , but I’m looking for a Old rusty junk DIN First stage because I want to use the tank.OR trade it for another 100CF steel tank (rusty, bent, hammered whatever, as long as it’s been recently HYDRO’d. This Norris is like new.
DiveBuddyChgo - 10/21/2012 5:37 AM
Don’t understand why you wnat to dive with an old set of gear.
Subscribed
hcdiveteambrian - 10/22/2012 10:52 AM
Well DiveBuddyChgo, that’s a good question. The answer: Having over 1000 miles of the most diverse and extreme, bountiful marine rich coastline here at my reach in California, whether it’s in cold, dark , murky, rough beyond limits, with mile+ long hikes over 200 ft drop offs, hour and half distances from the car with no radio or phone contact and earthquakes is why. Go inland just minutes and find awesome altitude dives everywhere. Subtropical Islands within 1 hour boat trips. All year long day or night, non stop. With Hardcore divers that just do it. What gear looks like is not priority. As long as it works or can work to a degree. Anyway the request in this forum was in hopes to get someone interested in digging in the old pile of unwanted regs. Trust me there’s a lot like you that might like the updated new models. So give the old ones a working home! Thanks. If you arrange to send one, I’ll take pictures of how it’s used, and then you’ll understand why!!