Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving in Tortola BVI
breathedeep - 9/30/2012 10:18 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

We will be on a Carnival cruise 10/27-11/4 and stopping in Tortola BVI on Nov. 1st. Time at port is 7:00 AM-3:30 PM. We are looking for a dive shop to takes us on a 2 tank morning dive. The cruise ship excursions are not offering it and besides, we may be able to get a less expensive/better dive with a local outfit. Any suggestions, websites, phone #’s, etc. are needed and welcomed. Other ports and times we could dive are below should you suggest we dive at a different location.

10/31 Antigua 7:00 A to 6:00 P

11/3 Nassau Bahamas 12:00 P to 7:00 P
Dutch - 9/30/2012 10:43 AM
Blue water Divers in Nanny Caye may be your best bet though most of the operators in the BVI are used to picking up their divers from charter boats. http://www.bluewaterdiversbvi.com/ Mike Royal, one of two brothers who own the operation have been diving their since ’79 or so...
Subscribed
breathedeep - 9/30/2012 10:58 AM
Thanks for the input, I was just checking out their website. Sent them an email to see if they can arrange it. Get back to you on that so you can let others know down the road.
Shadowdiver - 9/30/2012 8:18 PM
SAIL CARIBEAN has a contract or is the assigned shop with Carnival Cruise. On the cruise, you will be as to signed up for the dive on the RMS Rhone. I did a month long intern in Tortola, and had the opportunity to work the Sail Caribean crew on the same Cruise ship dive you are asking about. I dove the Rhone 5-6 times weekly for that month. POC is Mike at www.sailcaribbean.com, or mikerowe@sailcaribbean.com , best of luck and enjoy Tortola and stay wet on the Rhone
LatitudeAdjustment - 10/01/2012 6:00 AM