Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Rescue and Divemaster class
mannross - 9/02/2012 12:22 PM
Category: Training
Replies: 3

Hello Everyone:

I work as a wildland firefighter on a Helitack crew all summer and I am looking to do some dive training this winter anytime from November to April. I have my advanced open water cert, and I would like to get my recue and dive master cert.

The only program I have found is broadreach (gobroadreach.com). It is a program for college students (although they would let me enter at 26). The program is a month long and by the end, you hopefully end up with rescue and divemaster certs. However it cost $5100.

I was wondering is anyone new of any good programs where I can work on my rescue and divemaster certs?

Thanks for all the help in advance!
LatitudeAdjustment - 9/03/2012 5:28 AM
I need to refresh my rescue class, it’s been forty years and some of the thinking has changed. But this time my thinking is I need to take it where I usually dive, I’ve become a WWW, warm water wuss and need to take the class in the tropics, not an ice covered quarry like last time. So where do you normally dive?

If you dive warm water have you thought about Utila for your DM training?
Paul50 - 10/13/2012 3:23 AM
Hi, I don`t know if you have ever thought about doing your course over in Egypt, Red Sea College might be the one for you as I believe that the course, accomodation, meals etc etc work out at less than half of what you have been quoted.

Try the Red Sea the dives are fantastic, warm sea`s 28C +. Fantastic abundance of sealife & also quite a few companies doing dive training packages, the only downer for you really would be the Flight times but you would still have time for all the history as well!!!!
Subscribed
WB2GLP - 10/24/2012 8:27 AM
Hi Ross,

Since you’re in Englewood Cliffs, NJ, I would strongly suggest calling Sally at Dosil’s Scuba down in Middletown, NJ. They will do your PADI Rescue and DM, the DM without the typical NJ 6 to 12 month indentured servant/dive slave program. I highly recommend Dosil’s. They’re a little bit of a drive from the Ft. Lee area, but worth the trip. The whole sha-bang should be just a fraction of the $5100 you were quoted. For that kinka’ cash you could knock out AI and OWSI too.

Check them out www.dosils.com