Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Belize for a day
BamaGirl - 8/28/2012 10:38 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 5

I am looking for a shop to dive with in Belize. I am only going to be there a day aboard a cruise September 11th and am looking for a shop that accommodates cruisers. I would appreciate any suggestions.
SeaGoat - 8/28/2012 3:42 PM
What part of Belize? For San Pedro/Ambergris Caye, I like Amigos Del Mar.
Subscribed
BamaGirl - 8/28/2012 5:02 PM
The tender from the ship comes into the Tourism Village near Belize City so I need a shop near there that has a dive along the Barrier Reef that will fit my port time.
LatitudeAdjustment - 8/29/2012 4:45 AM
I doubt if any of those day boats in Belize City would make it out to the barrier, more than likely they’ll take you to the reefs around Lighthouse which is still good diving. You can use ScubaEarth up top to zoom in on Belize City to review some of the sites on the off chance the crew ask where you want to dive.

I stayed in Belize City a few days (don’t!) but did my diving from a liveaboard so I can’t reccomend any shops.
Mykal - 9/04/2012 2:35 PM
If you’re in Belize for one day does your Cruise line offer a dive excursion? I dove Turneff Atoll in Belize via Carnival & it turned out to be a positive experience. Have a great dive either way.
OkByMe - 9/07/2012 9:34 AM
I did that in 2010 about this time. The part of the day you have is not long enough to get out past the rivers. Because of this, visibility will not be good. I hooked up with a boat to taxi me around the bay and outside the pass since I had heard so much about it, but never have been there. Jumped in a few times, snorkel.... visibility averaging 25ft. and really nothing to see but sand and silt. Now he may have been taking me to all the wrong places (looking for structure) since he was a fisherman with knowledge of the area, but not a dive op. I passed on diving this spot. Do not miss Roatan